Saturday, January 23, 2010

Coming Soon!

So, one of my goals for 2010 is to expand my writing a bit more. Writing about film and studying it has always been a passion of mine and this site exists to accommodate that hobby a little bit more. For the most part, in the nearly a year this site has been online, I've been writing about new theatrical releases and new release DVDs. But as I seek to increase my own cinematic knowledge and background, I realize how much I still need to see and how many movies I love that I never got a chance to review on their first go-around.

So, there are going to be new features added to this blog. One will be an irregular series of columns when I have a thought on something going on in the world of film (also, possibly television)--this could be about recently-announced projects, trends, box office, awards...whatever I feel like tackling.

The other new feature will be Catch Ups, which will be my thoughts on movies that have been out for awhile that I'm just now seeing. I'm not sure how long these reviews or posts will be; will likely depend on the film itself and how much it impacted me. Hopefully that will get started this weekend. There are already a few queued up and ready to be watched--"Sunset Boulevard," "Rashomon," "North By Northwest" and "Duel" will be the first entries in this.

I'm also hoping to bring back The Alphabet Project. The project was started by me last year to go through my DVD collection and write about every single one. It was a bit much, though, as I suddenly found myself swamped with more than 100 different DVDs and no time to watch them all. So my goal for 2010 is to do The Alphabet Project--The Essentials.

The way it works is this; one of my DVD racks at home is stocked with films that I consider to be some of my favorite of all time. There's probably close to 50 on the shelf. The hope is that this year I will go through them and write my thoughts about each one. Next year, we'll try to expand that list a bit to my other titles. But here's a look at what films I hope to tackle this year...although it will likely stretch into 2011 as well:

Alien
Aliens
Almost Famous
Anchorman
The Back to the Future Trilogy
Before Sunrise
Before Sunset
The Big Lebowski
The Blues Brothers
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Frailty
Ghostbusters
Goodfellas
The Goonies
Groundhog Day
Hoop Dreams
Hot Fuzz
Hot Shots!
Hot Shots! Part Deux
The Hurt Locker
The Incredibles
Inglourious Basterds
The Indiana Jones series
Jaws
Kill Bill, Vol. 1
Kill Bill, Vol. 2
Let the Right One In
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Lost in Translation
Meet the Parents
Moon
The Muppet Movie
The Naked Gun
Office Space
Pan's Labyrinth
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Punch-Drunk Love
Shaun of the Dead
The Shawshank Redemption
A Simple Plan
Star Trek (2009)
Synecdoche, New York
Taxi Driver
Tommy Boy
The Truman Show
United 93
Up
The Visitor
When Harry Met Sally
WALL-E

Now, I have posts for a few of them already written from last year and I will likely just repost those (I believe I got through Before Sunset/Sunrise but don't have Alien/Aliens in there yet). But after that, we'll begin working through these.

I look forward to these new projects and to hopefully gaining new readers through them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
30s, engaged and living in Motown. Wrestling with life, love, faith, art, film, culture and everything in between.